Java proteus-quickstart: Maven PROTOC FAILED issue

I’m tracking down a copy of Enterprise to re-test.

Alright @kkarthik I have retested with W7 EE and still cannot reproduce. Are you able to upgrade Java to 1.8 u201? I was able to get it from Oracle’s website but did not see older patches such as 144.

Thank you so much Kyle. I will upgrade java and try today.

I really appreciate your help on this.

Regards
Karthi

Happy to help but I’d be happier if I could repro and get you a resolution :slight_smile: I do get an error if I install the 32-bit Java SDK, but it’s a different error in that it doesn’t even find the artifact. Make sure you’re also using a 64-bit Java SDK.

Hi, I have also failed to run the proteus quickstart on windows 10 enterprise, 64bit. Maven reports:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.xolstice.maven.plugins:protobuf-maven-plugin:0.6.1:compile-custom (default) on project service-idl: Unable to resolve artifact: Missing:
[ERROR] ----------
[ERROR] 1) io.rsocket.rpc:rsocket-rpc-protobuf:exe:windows-x86_64:0.2.13.3

This is caused by missing exe dependency for windows in rsocket-rpc-protobuf dependency used by proteus.

If I raise the version to <rsocket.rpc.version>0.2.16</rsocket.rpc.version> then it compiles fine, because windows exe exists for that version.

https://jcenter.bintray.com/io/rsocket/rpc/rsocket-rpc-protobuf/0.2.16/rsocket-rpc-protobuf-0.2.16-windows-x86_64.exe

After that the code compiles, but when I try to run it, I get compile time error:

Error:(76, 3) java: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype

@java.lang.Override
public reactor.core.publisher.Flux<io.rsocket.Payload> requestChannel(io.rsocket.Payload payload, reactor.core.publisher.Flux<io.rsocket.Payload> publisher) {
return reactor.core.publisher.Flux.error(new UnsupportedOperationException(“Request-Channel not implemented.”));
}